1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eurovision

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by mmm...Milk, May 10, 2011.

1. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

Yes, its that time of the year again, with Jedward for Ireland and Blue for the UK. Chances of either country winning? Zero. When with the powers that be realise that regardless of who the UK enter, we will never, ever win because everyone votes for thier neighbours. The only hope the UK have this year is a certain wedding that took place recently making the UK look good. Why can't we just pull out once and for all?

2. So you don't like Eurovision? Personally I used to love it for all the cheese and camp craziness, however since every random country in Europe (and some I'm not entirely sure count as Europe) have entered it's gone downhill majorly!
    It's all about politics and our chances of winning are slim, the other countries take it far too seriously. I think it may actually be an honour to represent your country for Eurovision in say Macedonia, however in the UK it's just embarassing. It's a shame really as sales figures will clearly show that the UK is THE BEST producer of music in Europe, we don't need to win a camp silly competition to prove that!
    Saying that it's quite fun to watch with friends and a bottle of wine...it's just a shame Terry doesn't commentate anymore.

3. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Disagree. Jedward have been well fancied for ages and are currently second favourites.

Germany didn't win last year by everyone voting for their neighbours, and if favourites France win this year the same applies.