1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eurovision and Brexit

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Feb 27, 2016.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

If the rest of Europe want us to stay in then they will give us Douz points when asked. If, however they give us zero then it is a sign they want us to leave.

2. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Don't worry, Russia want us to leave and Mr Putin wants the EU to disintegrate. Mr Putin and his gangsters who run the media will give us 12 points and probably a few million to the Leave campaign.

3. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Don't you find it anachronistic that we had to adopt a metric currency system in order to comply with European standards, yet the Eurovision Song Contest appears to have a scoring system based on our old currency.

4. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The scoring system is based on the original EU currency, denarius, of the Roman Empire. The Zero of course is an Arabic innovation.
    Would it be practical to use LSD in our globalized economy?

5. cariadwch

cariadwch Established commenter

The bankers were not using LSD when they crashed the economy, they were on crack cocaine

6. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

More practical than the Euro, I'd have thought.

7. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

I would not decide BREXIT using the Eurovision entry.

See what I mean?

8. Grassroots_Out

Grassroots_Out Occasional commenter

You could put up the next ABBA and we still wouldn't win! The EU hates us, but it does love our money, especially Hungary and Poland. I say we turn off the ever flowing tap and spend it on ourselves.