1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

European Elections May 23rd - Who would you vote for?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cariadwch, Apr 9, 2019.

?

Euro Election - Your vote

Poll closed Today at 8:37 AM.
  1. UKIP

33 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Conservative / DUP

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. Labour

14 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Plaid Cymru / SNP

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. Lib Dem

29 vote(s)
    28.2%
  6. Green

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Renew / Independent

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Would not vote / Boycott / Spoil Paper

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  9. Other

8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Do you think they are being truthful, or are they just trying to wind you up? ;)

cherie_alamayonaika likes this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Or maybe they will vote Brexit Party... but that isn't an option on the poll.

As for the quote, without context and not knowing the question it has no meaning.

peter12171 and Jesmond12 like this.
  3. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

I don't have a vote in this country, as you know, but informal polling among family and friends is looking very good for the Brexit Party, not great for Labour and just awful for the Tories.
    Hard to believe, I know, what with the great job the Tories and Labour have done, that anyone could consider an alternative to two such decent, honourable and competent organisations.

4. cariadwch

cariadwch Established commenter

Sorry, I don't think the Brexit Party existed when I set the poll.

lanokia likes this.
  5. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Lead commenter

It would be interesting to see the Brexit Party come to power, take us out of the EU on WTO rules, and then try to negotiate the new trade relationship with the EU. On second thoughts, it wouldn't be "interesting". It would be the catastrophe of all catastrophes, and would make even Theresa May look competent.

FrankWolley likes this.
  6. valentyna_holenkova

valentyna_holenkova New commenter

The only catastrophe I see is parliament ignoring democracy to further self-interest.

7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

From talking to people, the impression I get is that most are taking the local council elections 'seriously' [as in voting for an established party] and using the European Election to show their contempt either way for the Establishment parties. Was in a group of about 16 on Monday and agreement seemed to be anyone but Labour/Conservative.

8. dleaf12

dleaf12 Senior commenter

I just hope the Remainers get out and vote Change.UK - they are the only party so far of whom I have seen any promise about a second vote - which is my second best option after a parliamentary revoke Art50 vote. - I know it wont have any direct effect in the UK parliament, but it will at least be evidence of the feeling out there in voter land, and just may get Tin Ears to listen, or reach up to Jeremy on his fence.

monicabilongame likes this.
  9. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

There's a joke in there somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it.

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Might not be the end of the world some fear.
    [​IMG]

11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Farage and his geriatric fusiliers will be flash in the bedpan

12. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

It’s regional PR. So basically it less about which party gets the vote and more about which party gets the vote in which region.

So votes don’t equal seats - rather like our dear FPTP.

But votes do equal a three question referendum.

1. So if labour comes out pro-referendum that makes labour, Lib Dems, green and change equal votes for a referendum.

2. Votes for Brexit and UKIP are for No Deal

3. Votes for tories are for the WA.

The ayes have it, the ayes have it.

13. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Lead commenter

14. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

As per usual, instead of intelligent debate on the political matters we get these childish attacks on people. The picture some of you present is not one of academe it is more akin to the silly parliamentary antics that got us in the mess we are now in.

15. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

As per the Greta Thunberg thread....

monicabilongame and sparkleghirl like this.
  16. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

@MrMedia

On that analysis (a good one) then a party from group 1.

But in all honesty? Like I'm EVER going to vote Tory, UKIP or Brexit! Ha ha ha. That's when you'll know the dementia has finally hit me.

17. CraigCarterSmith

CraigCarterSmith Established commenter

ooooft BURN

18. valentyna_holenkova

valentyna_holenkova New commenter

If you can't see that she is being exploited then you need to think harder. It is all rather embarrassing to watch grown adults pretending to listen simply because she is a child, and a rather unusual one too. It verges on the religious.

lexus300 likes this.
  19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

A lovely child, seriously mislead IMO.