1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

European Elections May 23rd - Who would you vote for?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cariadwch, Apr 9, 2019.

?

Euro Election - Your vote

Poll closed Yesterday at 8:37 AM.
  1. UKIP

33 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Conservative / DUP

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. Labour

14 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Plaid Cymru / SNP

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. Lib Dem

29 vote(s)
    28.2%
  6. Green

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Renew / Independent

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Would not vote / Boycott / Spoil Paper

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  9. Other

8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. cariadwch

cariadwch Established commenter

There's a chance we may get to Vote in the European Elections. If we get to vote, who would you vote for?
    If you wouldn't vote, why not?

2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I really do hope that the idiots who voted Farage in will get him out so that the only money I resent going to Europe is the money paid to him !!!

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

4. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Established commenter

I don't think those voters political opinions will have changed since the last Euros .
    I think there's worse than Farage.

5. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Lead commenter

UKIP under Anne-Marie Waters and effectively Tommy Robinson are marching off to the Far Right. Fortunately their vote will be split by the new Farage Brexit party. I just hope both take enough votes off the Tories. My vote will go to Labour as per usual. They are the party with the best manifesto as far as I am concerned.

Bentley89, hplovegame48 and InkyP like this.
  6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I would consider any who are anti staying in the EU and working to get us out.

7. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

That would be between me and the ballot box.

8. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Established commenter

Does any party have a manifesto for the May Euro elections?

9. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

You missed off Monster Raving Loony Party, but they must have all joined the Tories now.

10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Anyone,regardless of what their other policies might be?

chelsea2 likes this.
  11. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Wrong again... 'lexus300' DOESN'T have a vote, so of course can say who they will vote for. In real life you can, of course, choose to keep your vote secret.

12. oldsomeman

If we do stay in to vote is seems the Tories and Labour parties do not actually have many ready to stand.One asumesthat applies to all parties?

13. oldsomeman

I have never changed my opinion or vote regarding Brexit...I want out of the EU as a political organisation.I have held that view long before Brexit! So I would seek to vote accordingly.

14. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Surely the existing incumbents will mostly stand again? Its not like we are electing people to something new where there aren't already representatives.

Will Farage stand again?

15. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

I think I'd just close my eyes and stab at the paper with the pencil. I couldn't even tell you who represents my area at the moment. You never hear of them they never come to the area. I don't see much point reading all the stuff they produce as most of it is just printed to look good and is meaningless.

16. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Yes, although this time for the new Brexit Party rather than for UKIP. I imagine he will stand for South-East England again. It is difficult to know how popular he is, because MEPs are elected on a list system. Farage's group came out top for South-East England last time around, with 32.14% of the vote, getting four MEPS, compared with Hannan's conservative group, who got 30.95% and three MEPs. Labour came third with 14.66% of the vote, thus getting only one MEP. The Lib Dems and Greens also got just one MEP each for the South-East.

sodalime and nomad like this.
  17. MAGAorMIGA

Joined it? They've taken it over!

18. MAGAorMIGA

I'm referring to "For The Many, Not The Few", their 2017 General Election manifesto. I'm sure that will still be in place.

19. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

Brexit Party.

artboyusa likes this.
  20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Is Renew ChangeUK?