1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

European election results

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dunnocks, May 27, 2019.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

What makes you think everyone that voted Green or Lib Dem is a remainer?

2. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Thank you but why does NI get STV for the Euro elections? I assume everyone else is using d’Hondt like us in Scotland? If STV is the fairest system of PR for NI, would it not be the fairest for all of us? Maybe too time-consuming and cumbersome for bigger numbers of voters?

mathsmutt likes this.
  3. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

I'm sure he said he was, not that that also stopped him offering to meet me on a pub car park in Stoke.

And here we go to the school of - why let facts interrupt a good batch of stories.
    But hasn't the government stepped in to support British Steel, oh and to support a few banks too, and wasn't that before Brexit was even a serious issue? I wonder how that happened? It's almost as if you've been taken in by the lies isn't it?

I'm on record here as having said I thought Leave would squeak home.

4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

A quick look at their manifestos, posters, public statements...o_O

Burndenpark, eljefeb90, JL48 and 2 others like this.
  5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Let's start with a referendum to put all you Brexiteers out of your misery (as you put it)...:D

JL48 likes this.
  6. Burndenpark

No the that answer doesn't work as a response to the whole question asked.

it's probably OK as an answer at KS2, but there was the main meat of the question that was ignored by your guess at an answer on behalf of @Jesmond12.

"what do you expect to be different after Brexit and why?"

So yes you are missing something- feel free to guess the answer to that on his behalf. You can show your working out if you like.

7. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Apparently Diane Abbott. There's a tale about her friend suggesting she could please him with 69, so when she heard the icecream van in the street, she ran out to get him a cornet with a flake in it.

oldsomeman and lanokia like this.
  8. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea have more support than Manchester City.

9. Burndenpark

I didn't mean I would inflict independence on you- just I would like to see you given the chance again, especially given the change in circumstances where expulsion from the EU was part of what helped swing the last referendum, and now being in the UK increases the risk of leaving the EU.

I expect that if we do have Brexit- you would get back into the EU pretty quickly and so be in a position to make the most of the mess happening in England.

mathsmutt and sparkleghirl like this.
  10. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

They did not win.
    Manchester City won:p I am a Manchester United supporter and as hard as it is for me to accept City winning that is what happened, just like the Brexit party won last night and you find it hard to accept.
    Like the BBC., latching onto any tenuous possibility to distract from what actually happened.

11. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Pass the sick bucket...................

lexus300 likes this.
  12. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Occasional commenter

Corbyn is right. We should have a General Election. The sooner we get rid of the Tories and Labour the better.

13. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I think if anyone complains about Brexit voters being insulted they should be directed to this appalling post.

I have suffered from mental illness. It was clinically diagnosed and treated and has no relevance to my position on Brexit.

14. ilovesooty

15. ilovesooty

And again.

16. blazer

blazer Star commenter

But some folk vote green because they are tree huggers first. Lib Dems would vote for anything that might get them a few more seats.

17. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

I would posit there are very few, at most, people who vote Green and are also pro-Brexit. EU environmental regulation is stricter, as far as I'm aware. As an example, Brexit will not be good for the bees, if EU regulations are scrapped.

I think somewhere I read that of the UKIP members, not all of them wanted to leave the EU. I expect the Green-and-pro-Brexit proportion is roughly the same as that of UKIP-and-Remain.

cissy3 likes this.
  18. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

The divisions this whole farce has created will run and run, I think. Religious and civil wars have started with fewer differences.

Uniting the nation won't be easy if everyone is either a racist or mentally ill.

cissy3, Burndenpark and primarycat like this.
  19. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

If only it was just racism and mental illness. I gather many people are just thick as two short planks and/or are just too old to deserve a vote.

border_walker likes this.
  20. ilovesooty

I object strongly to the proposition that Remain voters are mentally ill and would still welcome a response from @Jude Fawley .