1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

European election results

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dunnocks, May 27, 2019.

1. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

IMG_20190527_154824.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Well that is an answer of sorts. Could you possibly go further and outline some benefits of not being in the EU. (You may write on both sides of the paper)

3. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Come on Frank - this is in no way surprising. Isn't hypocrisy a prerequisite for the job in certain parties these days? It's a badge of honour, like ASBOs. Those who are not hypocrites should be named, and shamed.

4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Just rememebr:

[​IMG]

5. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Probably, but Corbyn is still ducking and diving, and the official position is still to honour the referendum - i.e. leave the EU.
    I think he is a leaver at heart.

BelleDuJour and dleaf12 like this.
  6. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

The brexit party needs to be involved in negotiations. Let's hear what their ideas really are.

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  7. EmanuelShadrack

And the advantage of hitting your thumb with a hammer is that afterwards you'd have hit your thumb with a hammer :D

Sorry, I'm being silly. 52% of people wanted to hit their thumbs with hammers in 2016, so it's just what we'll all have to do. Fine. Fortunately I think my thumb can take it, for the most part.

cissy3 and dleaf12 like this.
  8. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Watson, Starmer, Thornberry, Abbott and MCDonnell are all for a 2nd refererundum but Corbyn and the 3Ms are not for turning.

9. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Is that you @lexus300 ? I'd imagined you were considerably older, for some reason ...

cissy3 likes this.
  10. EmanuelShadrack

I think their one "idea" is to leave without a deal. Everything else can be sorted out afterwards. You have to believe.

And don't go saying there are flaws in such an idea. It's all part of an unfathomable plan, that the likes of you and me are too stupid to understand.

Wait a minute, I've heard that sort of argument before somewhere...

Alice K, Burndenpark and ilovesooty like this.
  11. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

How do you negotiate a No Deal Brexit?

I expect they will want to reduce immigration and not waste any money adapting to climate change for starters. Then an attack on the NHS and benefits,

CWadd likes this.
  12. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

I think I could break with Corbyn if he doesn’t change track....

ilovesooty likes this.
  13. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Fair post

ilovesooty likes this.
  14. Goat2

Goat2 New commenter

Possibly one good thing - if we had left on time - would be that the Uk Govn could have financially supported British steel and not been stopped from doing so by EU regulation. Now given the EU wide results they are beginning to rethink the whole project something they rejected when Cameron suggested it thereby triggering the Referendum ( sorry I mean the incorrect People 's Vote One).
    And now we have the idea of Scottish independence and yep let the English vote but I think Nicola has to suggest how she will cope with the hard border between England and Scotland - revert to cattle raiding as of old?
    And lastly I note that all the Remaining ********* have never though to say of perchance they actually lose the second referendum, and remember how positive they were that they wouldn't lose the first.
    Cheerio for today back to marking assignments…………. Really the same **** as on here but different subject.

15. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The 6week old Brexit Party did not achieve wonders from a standing start. UKIP supporters simply backed him when he was leader and transferred their support when he moved to another party. They then added around 5% from disaffected Tory and Labour votwrs.
    A party has to be more than its current figureheaf.
    Anne Widdicombe was cringeworthy when interviewed last night. What will the EU MAPs in general make of her?

16. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

What negotiations are you talking about? The Brex It negotiations were completed by May with the EU.

17. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Centre?!

Blair was centre-right. The modern tory party is flirting with fascism.

18. EmanuelShadrack

Perhaps some of them will take one for the team, and ask her to dance during their meetings. That might keep her out of trouble.

Sadly no-one will be asking Nigel to dance. The self-sacrifice involved is simply too great.

19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Hardly.
    The Welsh seem to have the EU election mood right;) Very pleasing.

20. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

'Sour' were those grapes?:);)

border_walker likes this.