1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Europe topic plans

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clc87, Apr 5, 2012.

1. I'm just wondering if anybody can help me?! My topic for the coming term is Europe and I thought that there would lots of plans and ideas available online but after searching for a few hours I have yet to find anything which jumps out or looks suitable. I teach a mixed year 3/4 class however I would be grateful for any plans or ideas that people have as I am sure that I could adapt these. Thank you very much!

2. Yes please! I'm doing this topic next term too and have yet to sit down and sort it out!

3. Hi,

I've used this website before which I think is very useful : http://www.toporopa.eu/en/index.html

When I've completed a similar topic, I made sure the children really experienced all the countries as best as we could from the classroom, so we had food tasting opportunities, language learning, singing the national anthems, exploration into the flags, animals, weather, traditions etc.

There is so much scope for this topic, good luck!!

Kim

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Well I've just uploaded it, but it might take a while to show.

Probably easiest to click on my name and then go to my resources.

5. Thank you very much, I'm sure they will be very useful!

6. Yes, thank you.

7. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

My website has a geography page which has some (free) resources which might be very useful to you. There's a puzzle book about Western Europe (join the dots, wordsearches, comprehension, etc); the Time for Kids website has profiles on countries around the world, including landmarks, history and an introduction to their languages; there's a game of Statetris (like Tetris for geography); and loads of powerpoints. Hope they're useful!
    http://mrkohll.weebly.com/6f-geography.html

8. Thank you, this all looks great! Much appreciated!