1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ethnic Maths project

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by trapezium, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Hi

As a whole school we are having to complete ethnic projects. I am looking to complete an Ethnic maths project with year 8. Does anybody have any ideas on possible projects or has anyone run such a project or have any resources?
    Any help would be very greatly appreciated!
    Thank you

2. Hi

As a whole school we are having to complete ethnic projects. I am looking to complete an Ethnic maths project with year 8. Does anybody have any ideas on possible projects or has anyone run such a project or have any resources?
    Any help would be very greatly appreciated!
    Thank you

3. DM

DM New commenter

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I imagine that ethnic is being used unconsciously as a euphemism for Oriental and African. Strictly, we all have ethnicity so you could go with some nice British mathematics. You could compromise and look at the work of Freudenthal, Erd<font size="2" face="Times New Roman">?</font><font size="2">s, Fraenkel or</font> Einstein, to name a few notables, who were ethnic Jews.

5. maths126

maths126 New commenter

There is a wide variety of board and strategy games from around the world. Go-Moku, the Mancala range and Nim variants should get you started.