1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ethical enterpise/Social enterprise

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by shell1975, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Anyone got any ideas of a practical project I could do with 11 year olds that will take account of these areas - something that is manageable.

2. Anyone got any ideas of a practical project I could do with 11 year olds that will take account of these areas - something that is manageable.

3. <font size="2">Hiyah</font><font size="2">I have just started a Traidcraft stall with one of my GCSE Bus groups. You can have a speaker in for free (pay for travel) there are also lots of videos and posters on their website. You sell Geo bars and pocket money toys to kids a couple of break times a week. Kids learn stock control, invoicing, delivery notes, basic accounting, working capital AND all about Fair Trade through Traidcraft. It's an umbrella organisation that brings in new fledgling businesses into the FT scheme in developing countries. It's a not-for-profit organisation, so by buying Fair Trade through them means all the profits go back into the businesses and help others develop, unlike buying Fair Trade from a supermarket where the profits go to shareholders. Their motto is helping fight poverty through trade. </font><font size="2">My group have developed, designed and produced a brochure to sell more expensive items to parents and staff through an ordering system. More information and ideas see </font>http://www.revisionstation.co.uk/page32.htm