1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Establishing an EYFS unit

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by bow961, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, this is the first time I have posted on here and am looking for some advice please!

I have started a new job working in a school with 3 reception classes and 2 nursery classes. The classes currently work independently from each other, but as foundation stage leader I am looking to integrate the reception classes together initially, then possibly look into making it into a foundation stage unit, but with so many children I'm not sure if this would work or not? Can anyone give me any ideas on how they timetable their unit? Have worked in reception for a few years but never worked in nursery. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

3. Thank you for this - lots to consider!
    This is why I am initially setting up the 3 reception classes to work together and see how this works, but would still be interested in advice on timetables for units or 2 or 3 form intake reception classes as the 3 reception classes alone may be the size of other's units!