1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Essex key stage 1 scheme

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by lizdot, Apr 17, 2012.

1. lizdot

lizdot New commenter

Has anyone out there been using this scheme?
    How are you getting on with it?
    Do you know anything about the sections which are missing?
    Thank you in anticipation!

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Just had a quick look at this online. It looks fairly prescriptive and not sure what you mean by sections that may be missing.
    Can you be more specific in your questions?
    I did teach KS3 and 4 in an Essex school some years ago and was concerned that the scheme of work only seemed to cover Christianity and Islam. I think the reasoning was that the other religions have already been covered in earlier Key Stages, which is daft since you have to progress like a spiral and build on knowledge, as the pupils own experience and maturity/ capacity to reflect and understand symbolism and abstract subjects develops. Also our school had given up on taking the kids for RE trips due to hostility from prejudiced parents who couldn't see the point in it. Very tricky situation.
    That was a few years ago so I guess it has moved on and is in a better place now.
    I will be happy to help you if you can give me some more specific questions - here or in a pm/