1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Essay writing ideas

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by extra, Apr 25, 2019.

1. extra

extra New commenter

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to gather some exiting essai writing ideas for French KS5. I think structure is key so I give my students boxes and tables for them to fill up with "idea, explanation, example". Each box is related to a point/argument. What do you think? Would you mind sharing some ideas please?
    Thank you :)

2. jg9588727

jg9588727 New commenter

Interesting!

3. ChocolateChunk

ChocolateChunk New commenter

If it is related to the Essay for A-Level. They first need to be able to recognise an idea from an explanation and an example.
    For AQA, they advise to follow the P.E.E structure which is similar to what you mentioned, but in a different order:
    Point, Evidence, Explanation.
    They need a strong understanding of of the topic and any related socio-politico-cultural attachment. So, if you study Striking in France, they ought to know about the French Revolution and how this still resonates now.

Let's say that you study La Haine for the film, a potential Exam essay title could be "Est-ce un film anti-policier?". You should be able to find lots of these on T.E.S?
    Students could organise a spider web to organise their ideas.
    Do you need essay titles for topics or just the film and the book studied at A-Level?