1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ESOL teacher needs interview advice

Discussion in 'Vocational' started by bookworm77uk, Dec 15, 2018.

1. bookworm77uk

bookworm77uk New commenter

ere guys
    I’ve been out of the ESOL teaching world a fair while (but was an ESOL teacher for over five years) but had experience of volunteering with ESOL classes in last two years. I’ve started to apply for a few ESOL teaching jobs part time and got called for an interview. I’m feeling a little rusty in terms of being up to date with ESOL and Skills for Life. I’ve got to do a 15 min microteach for ENTRY 3 ESOL learners on present perfect simple and I’m a bit lost as to exactly what to do in the microtrach. It’s only a 15 min thing but not sure how much content and how much to include etc it’s making me panic. I’m usually good at making resources but it’s the level of content ie how much of the present perfect simple tense I need to (tenses in general/understanding of past verb forms and has/have( because I don’t think it will all fit on! Please help as very overwhelmed and feel like saying no to the interview but I really would love the job!!!