1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ESL online teaching agencies

Discussion in 'EAL' started by lau_bellagamba, Jul 14, 2020.

1. lau_bellagamba

lau_bellagamba New commenter

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all safe and sound. :)

I am wondering about teaching agencies online, specifically to teach English as a second language (EFL, ESL).
    Now, I have researched online and there are numerous articles that list the most well known platforms, and I am not sure we can say names, so I won't.

Trouble is that, some of them have good reviews on one website, and bad reviews on another. Obviously it depends on the person's character, qualifications and needs to judge a company, and one should try them all to have a better opinion. I just signed up with one of them yesterday, and later on found out that their rating system is kinda unfair, and that their pay is below other agencies standards.

Earlier on I had signed up with other platforms, being rejected by a few of them because of my lack of UK/US passport.

I am looking to resign my current job and start ESL online teaching full-time, before I enrol in teacher training in the UK. I do have a TEFL, CELTA as well as some experience as TA/LSA mostly in SEND schools in the UK.

Could anyone recommend any platform they have found reliable?

Thank you. :)

hplovegame48 likes this.