1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Escoffier

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by outstandingwinger, Apr 21, 2012.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Wonderful, thanks for posting it, I can see what I'll be today today, reading!! LOL
    Escoffier was the founder of La cuisine francais, he was possibly the first chef to actually modernise the recipes for the classic French dishes. Many of the recipes he modernised originated with Carême. Food History is a fascinating subject.

2. Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! That's dangerous (and downloaded).

3. camronfry

camronfry New commenter

Escoffier is indeed a god among chefs, my favourite titbit is from Ma Cusine (I think):
    'For thrush pie proceed exactly the same as for lark pie, substituting the larks for thrush'.

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I can't work out how to download it!!!

5. Have you downloaded the Kindle software?
    If you click on download you get taken to another page, on there is another clickable bit to download the software (I don't have a kindle so have Kindle for PC on my laptop).
    Once you have that you can continue to download the book.

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Thanks for this!
    I've put it onto my Kindle (I use Calibre - save to this and then send it across to the Kindle).....and on the same site I found a Martha Finley children's book I don;t already have, so snaffled that too!

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thanks, have bought an Android Tablet so here's hoping!! Thanks for the help.

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Oh you are wonderful, I've discovered that Kindle software is already on my tablet so I can get more books now!!

<ul id="sres"><li id="yui_3_3_0_14_1335096816578246" class="ld">[​IMG][/LIST]

9. I just downloaded the pdf file to read on the laptop. I love the way he starts off with the basic stocks and builds up the dishes bit by bit throughout the book. I was chuffed when I found it for free download as it costs a fortune to buy as a real book!

10. Happy to help, lapinrose. Just don't blame me when you realise it is a week next Wednesday already [​IMG]

11. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I hope so as I am so bored here!! No work, o/h at work, dog asleep, can't due much due to extremely bad backache and for some reason I cannot bring myself to watch TV until the evening!! Probably due to the fact that TV used to start about 4.30-5ish when I was young and we never had a TV till I was 11!

12. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Well it was downloading for 24 hours, but nothing was there!! I am a complete dumbo with this new tablet and the scrappy poorly translated instructions. Has anyone got a child I could borrow?

13. henriette

henriette New commenter

I confess that I have a copy of Ma Cuisine that I have rarely looked at : I may be a Francophile but too many of his recipes are just too faffy

14. henriette

henriette New commenter

15. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thanks henriette, I'll do it tomorrow, too tired now!!
    I'm just interested in reading it, I read cookery books like novels!!