1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Error 503. Connection timed out

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I've had this six times in the past 5 minutes. What does it mean?

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

it's all going a bit pear shaped this evening.

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I've got it too.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

The Web server (running the TES Web site) is currently unable to handle the HTTP request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay.

I suspect that there is some minor maintenance taking place on the TES site, but not enough to shut it down.

5. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I refresh the page and it disappears

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

If I can offer my engineering experience to those for whom it may concern, there's probably a key that occasionally needs to be wound up to keep the site going like clocks do.
    When I was a kid my parents acquired a wind-up gramophone which I loved to listen to as the mechanism slowed down and the voices got deeper.

I'd have loved it more if my efforts to wind it up at speed had resulted in the singists sounding like chipmonks, but sadly that never happens on a wind-up gramophone and my life in engineering has been able to know me why.

7. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

@Duke of York close. It's the gerbils that missed their feeding time - we're working on ensuring that all the gerbils are fed on time. One ran away and you know how it goes; everything just goes a bit pair shaped.

8. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Some issues on one or two threads where contentious pictures were placed? (I didn't report, but as I was typing, got these moderator notes)....

9. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I usually switch any IT equipment off and then back on again if things are not working and that works for me. However, I did wonder why my SBM got so annoyed recently when I switched the server off:eek:

10. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

I try to log in, type in my details - correctly - and it takes me back to Log In. Today there was only one window of opportunity.

Sigh

11. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Do you mean that another one went with it and the pair of them eloped?

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  12. aspensquiver_2

I love homophones.
    ;)

13. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Never trust a gerbil :D

14. aspensquiver_2

Pretty pear-shaped all the time, frankly.

15. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Are we talking tamagotchi here?