1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Erm...... HELP!

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Sarah1987, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Sarah1987

Sarah1987 New commenter

OK so I'm very confused.

I'm due to finish my NQT year this term and as far as I'm aware there's no indication from my current school that this will not be the case.

However, I'm starting at a new school in September and I've just received an email from the website nqtmanager.com starting a whole new account for my new school saying that I will be starting induction in September. I've never used or seen this site before, does this mean that my NQT assessments for this year don't count and I have to do NQT all over again? I told my new head at interview that I'm completing induction this year and haven't been told otherwise from my current mentor, although I will speak to her when I'm back at school tomorrow. Just wanted some advice from experts on here first.

Please someone reply ASAP, I'm getting very worried that none of my NQT stuff this year has counted for anything!

2. John_in_Luton

John_in_Luton Occasional commenter

NQT manager is a programme that some areas use to manage their NQT paperwork. It's likely that someone in the office in your new school has seen 'NQT' on your paperwork and not realised that you're a current NQT, not about to become one, so they've attempted to register you on the NQT manager system.

That's assuming that your current school has indeed registered you with an Appropriate Body (usually a Local Authority, or could be a Teaching School) as doing induction this year. If they have, don't worry, it'll all sort itself out.

3. Sarah1987

Sarah1987 New commenter

Yes they have (as far as I'm aware) and my 1st and 2nd term assessment paperwork has been submitted, just waiting to submit my final assessment paperwork then I'll be done.

Thanks for replying so quickly, I've not had the easiest of times through training and qualifying so was just worried that they know something that I don't! Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

4. I'm sure this is a just a mistake on the part of the new job. You can contact the NQT adviser for your current LA and confirm with them that the paperwork is all in order. By this point you should have completed the final paperwork with the pass/fail recommendation (I'm assuming pass).

James

Follow me on twitter @edujdw