1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Equipment for Year 2 class

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kellyosboune, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Hi I'm moving to year 2 in September; what is the most important resources to have? Do people run year 2 in a foundation way with children accessing independent activities or do teachers set up areas with challenges for children? Thanks in anticipation for informative replies.

2. It will depend entirely on your school and their expectations. Our year 2 setting is very formal.

3. sarahmilly

sarahmilly New commenter

I have taught a year 1 class for the past 4 years and this year am taking a mixed Y1/2 class. I am setting up the Y2 area in the same way as Y1. We run a creative curriculum. The maths is discrete and taught formally, as is some of the literacy and RE... most of everything else is linked to a topic and the children choose when to do it after initial introduction... All this obviously depends on the activity as some has to be taught as a whole class...
    So, in a long winded way, I guess I'm saying we are fairly informal!!!!