1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

equal pay

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by foilhorse, Jan 25, 2011.

1. My school, among others, are going through the process of equal pay settlement for support staff before the Council undertake going through single status across the board. We have been told that school were only made aware of this just before the Christmas holidays, Will this have been so or will they have had more notice than this?

2. My school, among others, are going through the process of equal pay settlement for support staff before the Council undertake going through single status across the board. We have been told that school were only made aware of this just before the Christmas holidays, Will this have been so or will they have had more notice than this?

3. nearly_there

nearly_there New commenter

Our school is also going through this and I'm nearly sure our TAs (I'm not a TA) found out before Christmas. We may be in different areas so it may be different in your area. Our TAs have already been placed in their 'job families' and have been given an idea of what salary they will be on. I don't want to go into too many details on here as it is a very sensitive issue at our school at the minute and lets just say all of our TAs are appealing the decisions.