1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Environmental studies???

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by annalise79, Jun 30, 2012.

1. I have just received my timetable and notice I have a mixed KS2 class for 90 minutes each week for environmental studies. The pupils are L1-2 in English/ maths. They are timetabled for science as an additional 90 minutes each week.

2. becstar76

becstar76 New commenter

Hi there!
    I take a 90 minute environmental studies period with a class of 16 year olds in my school. Although they are older than your group, they are working at similar levels. I have been using the ASDAN Towards Independence 'Environment' unit which gives ideas for lessons and activities around a number of different environmental areas like recycling, exploring the countryside/park, improving the environment, energy saving and environmentally friendly products. If you think this might be appropriate for your children, even if just as a source of ideas, PM me and I will go over the unit in greater detail. Hope this helps!!

3. Thanks becstar76 will definately take you up on that. Thought I was missing something!