1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Entry level PSHE action planning and self review

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by Tippi, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Tippi

Tippi New commenter

I am about to start teaching the AQA entry level PSHE course and have been asked to start with unit one ,"Action planning and self review". Our school doesn't have copies of the externally set assignments yet and I am not entirely clear what kind of stengths and weaknesses they have in mind. Can anyone give me some examples of targets pupils have set? Are we talking 'improve my spelling age by X months' or 'Stop swearing in lessons' (it's and EBSD school) or what?
    Thanks

2. Hi Tippi

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm teaching PSHE in an EBD school for yr 8 and I'm looking for resources.
    If I come up with anything good I will post you the links.

Good luck

Mandy

3. I have taught this for 2 years to entry level students in a college. The best way to teach the action planning is to wait until the papers come and ask them to complete - that is the only evidence needed to complete this unit. I also gave them some work sheets so they can investigate their strengths and weaknesses. If you have an email address I will forward them to you. I also have resouces for the other units as well as a scheme of work (mostly completed)
    There is a resource where you can get work sheets from but they don't cover the compulsary units.

4. Hi,

I am currently looking at AQA PSHE entry and know there must be a scheme or something somewhere that can be purchased that would help enormously.
    Can you let me know what you use and if possible share anything?
    Thanks

Mandy

5. Hi there looking into the AQA entry levels too pls could you forward your material to me also

Thanks

oloms001@medway.org.uk

Ta

6. Hi,
    Any resources and information you have got on the award would be highly beneficial to me. I would appreciate it if you sent any cool resources you have to my e-mail.