1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

entry level - functional skills - maths ks4

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by nearlyfriday, Nov 13, 2011.

1. A query
    EDEXCEL -
    on this spec - does a pupil only have to complete only one ' assessment workbook' at which ever level to be awarded 'entry level 1, 2 or 3 ,
    At my centre we have a number of highly dissaffected students who are at risk of leaving scool with zero qualifications. I am looking at ways to get them something before they quit, get excluded etc etc.
    ps - if you guys have any other ideas for quick awards ideas would be gratefully considered (FS maths, ALANs and gcses are out of the question)
    thanx

2. plum77
    Thanks for your reply,
    It has put me onto something I hadn't even thought of - a city n guilds qualification at entry level.
    I have a limited time to get this through our lads being in year11 but they do have a reasonable grasp of numeracy to a limited level.
    if i was to put my students in for this qualification they will do
    1. a written 'desk top' task/assessment
    2. then verbally answer a selection of questions on the topic linked to the assessment task.
    these are marking internallly and verified externally??
    is this correct
    nf
    i appreciate this is a repitition of your reply - but i just need to make it clear to myself. i know some 'quick fixes' can have their pit falls !!