1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Entrepreneurship and financial awareness

Discussion in 'Primary' started by TTF, Jan 17, 2012.

1. TTF

TTF

Hi recently my school were awarded £1000 to improve / promote entrepreneurship and financial awareness within the school.
    I have been given the responsibility for this within the school and have researched various financial awareness books / packs to purchase. We have also set up a young entrepreneurs club where the children design and make products / complete challenges which in turn they will go on an annual trip to a manufacturing plant to see different processes etc in action.
    I was just wondering if anyone had any other ideas for which I could use the money on as everything above is fairly cheap. I want something that will really benefit the whole school and raise their understanding of finance and entrepreneurship.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

James

2. Have a competition in school where children have to take £100 and double it?
    Best idea is taken forward.
    My school has an entrepreneurs' club and last year they made £400 profit after selling Mothers' Day bouquets to children and parents. They did everything, from negotiating the price of the flowers (with free training provided by the supplier florist), tying and wrapping the bouquets, pricing, marketing etc etc. It was hugely successful.