1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Entrance Exams - how to get started.

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by decj, Apr 8, 2012.

1. decj

decj New commenter

Hi folks.
    I am already established as a tutor of KS2 and 3, but am thinking of venturing into offering tuition for entrance exams. I live in an area with lots of private schools which set exams, but 11+ wouldn't be needed. I just don't know how to get started. Could anybody offer any advice please? Thank you.

2. decj

decj New commenter

Hi folks.
    I am already established as a tutor of KS2 and 3, but am thinking of venturing into offering tuition for entrance exams. I live in an area with lots of private schools which set exams, but 11+ wouldn't be needed. I just don't know how to get started. Could anybody offer any advice please? Thank you.

3. I taught at independent schools for many years so we did lots of preparation for CE with our students. If you have a look at the ISEB website, that would be a good place to start. There you can find out about the syllabus and where to order past papers from. Schools have different pass marks so it would be worth approaching your local senior schools and finding out. Good luck!

4. decj

decj New commenter

Thank you - I shall do just that.
    Kind regards.