1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Entrance Displays!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by delilah2007, Jun 16, 2019.

1. delilah2007

delilah2007 New commenter

I’m looking for inspiration for entrance display ideas! So far I’m thinking, who’s who for staff, school council, Welsh, it’s quite a large area. Any other ideas? It is the first thing that parents and children see when they walk in. This is not where the admin office is based.

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Celebrations - star of the week for each class, or whatever you do at your school. There could be a special place for the current week's stars, then they could move onto a 'starry sky' board with all the others.
    I did a 'Good News Tree' a while back, which was very popular. I made a big tree, then had a variety of leaves accessible for anyone (children and staff) to write their good news on to add to the tree - anything from 'I got all my spellings right' to 'My brother passed his driving test' or 'My mum's having a new baby'.
    Art work is always good; if you have a whole school focus for a couple of weeks, you could then have 'Our local area in the style of Van Gogh' from each year group, to show progression. You can do the same with writing, but I always feel the entrance needs to be bright and colourful.
    Good luck!

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I would skip the staff and school council bits. Parents and children know which bits of those they need anyway and the first thing parents want to see is not the staff's bad hair days!
    Have something large and fabulous relating to the school values or mission statement. Something every single child has contributed to and can stay all year.
    Welsh? Presumably you are in Wales, so perhaps a translation of all headings and subheadings to make a dual language display.

4. delilah2007

delilah2007 New commenter

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas.

5. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

We have photos from all the clubs and a bit of information about each one, written by the children.