1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Entertaining a 3-4 month old

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by kittenmittens, Mar 28, 2011.

1. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Just looking for some new ideas to stimulate my little girl- any suggestions? At the moment I rotate toys on her playmat so she doesn't get bored, she goes in her bouncy chair with hanging toys to bat, just started sitting her in the bumbo in the garden in the shade, we go to the library and 'stay and play' and a music class. Too scared to start swimming yet! She does like quiet time too.

2. Watch Waybuloo- Zoe absolutely loves it!

3. kittenmittens

I know, it's brilliant... I often put Cbeebies on for 20 mins or so during baby kitten's 6-7pm whinge fest. She's too tired to play at this point and just wants to chill with her dummy in and watch bizarre monsters chasing each other about!

4. Waybuloo is ace!! I often put LO in the sling facing outwards when I'm doing jobs like hanging the washing out and she seems to like it! Clearly it's not really entertaining her but she seems to quite enjoy watching the world go by while I do things.
    We also have a door bouncer which we have been using since she was 4 months old and its the best thing ever! She happily bounces for 20-30 minutes while I cook tea with the radio blaring so she can do some moves to the music. It's definitely her favourite bit of kit.

5. Waybaloo is very cool as is Octonauts. We read books too, there are some really nice black and white ones about and some simple colour flip books. Also if you can afford a Fisher Price Jumperoo they are amazing. My LO loves to jump in it and look at the toys and has done since about 17 wks...we got ours second hand from ebay for £45 :)

6. kittenmittens

Ooh yes I do have a door bouncer in the cupboard- from what age is it safe to use? LO loves being swung around especially up and down quickly- screams with laughter! So I'm sure she'd like that. Think I will look for a Jumperoo second hand too, there's a nearly new sale on next week so will have a look there [​IMG]

7. At 14 months my LO has started copying the yoga moves on Waybuloo!! Obviously she watches it too far much [​IMG]
    I had a forward facing carrier too and she loved nothing more than to be in it watching the world go by- never a sad moment in there. Have since heard and read some stuff about them not being good for babies' developing spines though :-(
    I'd agree with books- LO has always loved them and now will spend ages happily chuntering away to her books and bringing them one by one to me.
    Do you do any classes? We LOVED Baby Sensory and got loads of great ideas from there for home. I think Baby Peep (Look at your local children's centre) is similar and obviously a whole lot cheaper- think its'about using household objects to stimulate babies' senses (e.g. loofahs, shower caps, messy play, smelly things etc) I can tell who is a Baby Sensory fan when I go to their houses by the fact that we all have foil blankets (the ones that keep athletes warm after the London Marathon!) in the toybox ;-)