1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enterprise Ideas

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by hollaustin, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I work with a Prince's Trust xl Club (14-16, pupils who are disengaged or out of education).
    As part of one of our units we need to set up some sort of enterprise from which they can make money (half to charity, half for a trip out). As it's a very mixed group in terms of behaviour and interests, we are struggling to come up with any ideas. We make mosaics (such as door numbers) already, and had success with christmas cards.
    Other ideas are: hanging baskets. jewellery, photo frames.

Does anyone have any ideas, or has done something similar with other groups? We need an activity that's fairly 'active' (ie, something we can make/do) and something that's relatively cheap to produced that we can sell at a profit around campus.

Thanks.

2. I work with a Prince's Trust xl Club (14-16, pupils who are disengaged or out of education).
    As part of one of our units we need to set up some sort of enterprise from which they can make money (half to charity, half for a trip out). As it's a very mixed group in terms of behaviour and interests, we are struggling to come up with any ideas. We make mosaics (such as door numbers) already, and had success with christmas cards.
    Other ideas are: hanging baskets. jewellery, photo frames.

Does anyone have any ideas, or has done something similar with other groups? We need an activity that's fairly 'active' (ie, something we can make/do) and something that's relatively cheap to produced that we can sell at a profit around campus.

Thanks.

3. My Young Enterprise kids have made personalised photo gift products in the past that have gone down well - i.e. photo key rings/mug mats etc (key ring/mug plastic cases available on ebay). They have also made photo calendars and promoted themselves as a gift based company - both staff and students (especially the younger ones and Y11s for leaving gifts) have been very supportive/interested in purchasing from them.

4. We have sold wooden roses for valentines. Guaranteed money spinner. Supercheap to buy. Add value with sleeves, grass, ribbon. Charge extra for delivery to classrooms. Delivery in tuxedos extra. This will be our fifth year. Kids innovate and raise the bar each time. The roses keep for next year if they don't sell.

IEP productions. Next day delivery.

Good luck

5. You could make homemade gifts like a wooden box, design it, like paiting it and than filling it with sweets and you could see how many people buy this product and compare sales products.
    Could work in teams against each other to see who generated the most sales and than discuss with all groups about the strategies that were used. (Enterprising Strategies).

6. What about T-Shirts, they could have a selection of designs for customers to choose from then screen print them?

7. Muttley_in_the_Midlands

Muttley_in_the_Midlands New commenter

One that I have seen is to buy cheap notebooks and cover them with material and ribbons, buttons etc to decorate them.
    Anything that you can cook? Cakes are an instant "buy" around most colleges are they not?