1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enterprise challenges

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by MissB32, Jul 4, 2019.

1. MissB32

MissB32 New commenter

I am starting a new school in September, where they start GCSEs in year 9. However, they would like the actual content to be taught from year 10 and use year 9 as a form of introduction to business/enterprise. Has anyone run any successful enterprise challenges or have any possible ideas for this please?

thanks

2. dstokem

dstokem New commenter

I am doing this at the moment. I have three units. The first is a basic marketing unit focussing on market research but also including the market mix and segmentation. The second relates to finance. I cover both personal finance, it's not needed but they love it, plus CFF, Break even and P and L plus calculating revenue and costs. The final unit is an enterprise unit which includes simple business organisation, entrepreneurship and business plan creation. From that they have the skills to run their own enterprise at the end of the summer term. I ask them to present their plan and if I think it will work I lend them £10.00 to fund the start up. I always get it back as I make sure that the businesses will work!! Then in Year 10 I stat from the beginning of the syllabus. Some topics will be replicated but then I just revisit those and spend less time.