1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enterprise challenge ideas

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by apruhe, May 14, 2012.

1. Good afternoon,
    <font face="Calibri,sans-serif" size="2"> </font>
    We've done similar tasks before, but seem to be ending up with the same old marketing mix style activity - create a new advertising poster, product etc
    Does anyone have any ideas or challenges that they've set before, which have proven successful -
    Thanks in advance!

2. Good afternoon,
    We've done similar tasks before, but seem to be ending up with the same old marketing mix style activity - create a new advertising poster, product etc
    Does anyone have any ideas or challenges that they've set before, which have proven successful -
    Thanks in advance!

3. If you provide your email address I have some challenges that we have used

4. apruhe@hotmail.com

Thanks

5. Hi
    We get our AS Business students to take part in a week of enterprise challenges as part of Global Entrepreneurship week. We usually get a number of local firms to run/support and sponsor activities. This year we were lucky enough to have Nick Hewer from the Apprentice hosting the final - so we based our actvities around Apprentice style tasks. Things we asked the groups of students to do included:
    • running a social marketing campaign (run by a local marketing firm) on either twitter or facebook (the team with the most hits won!).
    • designing a retail outlet with a difference for a local travel agency which was internet based and looking to set up a physical agency.
    • devising a new strategy for a local farm (with play area, petting area, farmshop) which would take advantage of the opening of the South Downs National Park.
    • designing and exhibiting a new product for Harveys (a local brewery), this was the one they had to present to a panel of judges (including Nick Hewer).
    Think that was about it this year, although in the past we have got them to run mini enterprises/market stalls etc. Watch a few of the old Apprentices - they are bound to give you some inspiration (or leave it to your business guests - which is what I did!!).
    Good luck..

6. Hi, I would be grateful to know more about the challenges; my email address is whcssasgar@rgfl.org.
    Thanks in advance