1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Entering more than one class - Edexcel GCSE

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by hilltop, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Previoulsy I ran the Edexcel GCSE Drama course over two years just with one group.
    We're now going to run it in one year with at least 2 groups at once.
    How do you go about entering the two groups separately? Do you send off 2 lots of DVD samples and 2 lots of every single form that you need to fill in?
    Does the exam officer take care of it? How do you receive the optems, are the kids divided up into 2 sets of optems forms?
    Is it easier to put the two groups together (there would be just over 40 kids this way).
    Let me know all your thoughts!
    Hilltop

3. resources4drama

resources4drama New commenter

I'd slightly disagree with that.
    If group A does "monsters" with teacher X, and Group B does The Plantagenets with teacher Y, then teachers X and Y need to internally standardise their marking. Only one ROW and DVD of one of the groups need then be sent off.

4. I'm right there with you - i will be teaching a total of 56 next year; 36 going through in Year 11 20 in the new KS4 one year cohort. Unit 3 and me are going to have a few fallings out I can feel it now!!!!

5. Brilliant - thanks very much, I'm completely clear now :)
    Hilltop

6. Otleyblackcat

Otleyblackcat New commenter

Hi,

We put through 120 pupils this year. They were Year 10 and 11. They studied different themes for Unit 1 and different plays for Unit 2 but I sent all of the SOW to the moderator and only one DVD for each unit. That was fine.

We also completed Unit 3 over the course of three days.

Hope that helps!

7. dande

dande New commenter

Of course it was fine - that is the requirement. However sending schemes of work is not fine - you send Records of Work (annotated to show exactly what took place over the six hours).