1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enrolments

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by welshskyline, Sep 2, 2011.

1. welshskyline

welshskyline New commenter

How is enrolment going this year? I wonder what effect the withdrawal of EMA will have on total enrolments in FE?

2. welshskyline

welshskyline New commenter

How is enrolment going this year? I wonder what effect the withdrawal of EMA will have on total enrolments in FE?

3. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Occasional commenter

A-Level numbers seem to be holding up, it's lower end vocational qualifications that are taking the hit. The NEET figures over the next year are going to go sky high.

4. Our Nat Dip figures seem to have dropped this year. Extended Dip is looking healthy.
    Can you believe that at my place, I've found out that we no longer ask for references?! Apparently it's because if we do the schools then become aware that 'their' students are considering a move to FE & so make a really big effort to hang on to them. I do get that but, honestly - no references at all?!
    Imagine any of us going for a teaching post at college x and college x interviewing us, agreeing to employ but not taking a reference from the employee's current college, 'because current college will try to hang on to you'. It's utter madness in my opinion! What's yours?