1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enrichment ideas with qualification

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by cag29, Jan 22, 2016.

1. cag29

cag29 New commenter

Hi, I am looking at ideas for Year 12 enrichment as part of business and economics, ideally I would like it to have an additional qualification attached. Any ideas welcomed. I need to put a pitch together, I had hoped to do the YE qualification but this has stopped. Thanks

2. K.Wellborne

K.Wellborne New commenter

3. daniellelandod

daniellelandod New commenter

Hi,

I'm thinking of developing an enrichment course for year 12's. It probably wont' be in time for this year, but can I ask a few questions...
    1. Would an AQA be a suitable qualification?
    2. We are looking at the topic of 'green jobs' would you suggest sustainability would be a good focus, or careers exploration and advice would be a better angle?
    3. The programme could include, Environmental Audits (water, waste, energy etc), exploring these results to show what it would take on a national scale to tackle this work. Practically demonstrating the jobs available in the green economy (with talks and inspirational trips).

If anyone has any ideas they'd like to add, do let me know.

4. cag29

cag29 New commenter

tha
    Thanks, I've done one of these myself. We normally encourage our students to do these in addition to their subjects anyway. OU are expensive.