1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enrichment and Drop Down Day Coordinator Job Interview

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by jacksonwume, Jun 3, 2020.

1. jacksonwume

jacksonwume New commenter

Dear All,
    I have applied for a post with additional responsibility as an enrichment/DDD coordinator at my school. Even though I am the cover manager with extensive administrative and recruitment experience, I am unsure of the interview process for such role.
    I am having an interview on the 5th of June and would like recommendations with regards to what to expect during the interview process or even for the task to be completed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Your experience as cover manager will stand you in good stead. I can't predict questions but can tell you it's a mare to organise.
    DDD events have to have meaning as it can be seen as a ' cop out' by parents.
    They should not cost ! (unless you've got a budget !)
    Events should be themed. International Day for example.
    Events should be things students would not ordinarily do.
    Beware of kooky companies...once spent a morning designing a flip-flop.
    Vet all guests rigorously. (see above)
    Events should appeal to ages within the school. Perhaps different for upper/lower school.
    We've had 'own clothes' and all paid one pound to charity.
    etc etc....

jacksonwume likes this.
  3. jacksonwume

jacksonwume New commenter

Thank you very much for your response. I know its definitely a mare to organise but it's also thrilling and quite enjoyable watching it all fall in place.
    I did not even think about kooky companies...

Th