1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enough is Enough!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by WorriedPartner68, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Sorry to hear it

Believe it or not, a few years ago some people here denied it even happened. One or two still do.

I hope everything goes as well as possible for you both. Ultimately your wife will be much better off not working for such absolute ***** and things will improve markedly. Good luck!

2. elledriver

elledriver Lead commenter

No idea. If any union has 10% of the workforce as members they would be incompetent if they did not to apply for statutory recognition.
    Edit. Assumes school employs 21 or more people.

3. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

It is so different in other countries. My Italian friend tells me that you cannot be sacked from teaching in Italy, and, whilst she is taking 3 years off to do her PhD here, her post is being held open for her until she has finished this. They are very supportive there - although class discipline problems are the same there as here, unfortunately. Say one word to tell a pupil off and you'll have the parents at your door.

4. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

I don't currently know of any direct evidence of this (and I'm all ears), but I would be very surprised if it were not true.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  5. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

6. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

@WorriedPartner68 Your original name is still visible at the top of the thread: contact TES to get it removed.

7. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Just noticed this thread...