1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enhancements for sand and malleable materials- Ideas please!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by della10, Feb 21, 2012.

1. I try to enhance the CP in my areas every week or so, usually with things linked to the topic or children's interest. I'm never very good with the sand or malleable materials areas though. We have all the usual stuff (buckets, number molds, pebbles, shells, corks, trucks, mark making stuff etc in the sand and cutters, rollers, pots and pans, cupcake cases, feathers, seeds and beans, beads, straws etc in the malleable materials area)- I'm just struggling with new and interesting ideas to refresh things. Any ideas would be great! Thanks.

2. I find our kids love to explore different textures in the malleable area such as shaving foam, conflour and water, playdough, wet noodles, rice and pasta etc. (Obviously not all at once!) Some of this will depend on your age group though as it might not be appropriate for really young children.
    :)