1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Enhanced provision - seaside theme - any ideas please?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by frothycoffee, Apr 14, 2009.

1. My topic is going to be The Seaside and I am a bit stuck for ideas to enhance my areas. The construction area is proving to be the hardest. So far I have thought of asking the chn to make a boat, but I can't think of anything else for this area.
    I am also a bit stuck on the tuff spot. I am going to start by putting sand and seashells in it, but not sure what else I could put in there?
    I'm not sure what to put in the maths area, ICT area or Investigative areas either. It is a Year 1/Year 2 class.
    I would be grateful if anybody would be kind enough to suggest anything!

2. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

3. When we did sea side we added keys to the sand buttons for tresure an old deck chair large box for the children to turn into an ice cream shop creative outside area we also got a pallet and left that for the children to decide what it was one day it was a pirate ship next day it was a stage all these things are very inexpensive and easy to get hold of. we also put sand on a large tarpoline so children could take off their shoes and sox and make patterns,compare feet size etc hope these simple ideas help and cost effective.