1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English

Discussion in 'English' started by cocostrong, Jan 6, 2012.

1. cocostrong

cocostrong New commenter

Hello there!

I am starting teaching English in a new group next week. I do not have any other background information than they are KS2. I need to prepare a 40 minutes lesson for them and I do not have any information on the resources available for this trial lesson i need to deliver. Any ideas? Thank you for your help in advance!

2. I think you haven't had any replies because that's an incredibly vague remit and its unacceptable to be expected to go into a classroom with such little information. Is this teaching in a new school? I would advise asking in the primary forum and preparing a few very generic lessons to start with where differentiation can be throuh outcome alone. Very quickly I would want to know what level they are working at and what they have done before, you should be told all this rather than having to work it out yourself.

3. cocostrong

cocostrong New commenter

It seems to me that your reply is a bit tough but you are more than right. The truth is I have very little information about the students' profile (they are KS2 year 6) and I have only a flip chart in the classroom. It is an out-of-school lesson. I have not been given any other information and this was the reason for my concern and therefore my asking for help.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Not really. You gave so little information that it's very hard to provide advice. Are you a student?