1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English Writing Text Type Policy - Help!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hellymj, Apr 29, 2012.

1. I have been asked to write a writing policy for the Primary School I work in. The idea is that this will be along the lines of a calculation policy for maths, so it will detail how children's knowledge of text types will build up and progress year upon year. Staff would then use this to inform planning, and it would develop consistency across the school.
    My head and deputy have this idea after visiting two schools with a similiar policy, who have outstanding writing results. However, neither of these schools is helpful / willing to share their own policy.
    Does anyone have any ideas how to start? Anyone done anything similiar? It seems like a really daunting task, starting with nothing!!

2. Hi there,
    I have something that you may find useful. It is a document with success criteria for each genre differentiated to each year group F2 - Y6.
    E-mail me at edu103@yahoo.com if you would like a copy.
    Kind regards
    Sam