1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English teachers? Would you play card games in class if they were super quick to learn and play?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by ktteacher, Aug 15, 2019.

?

Teachers - would you play games with your classes if they were quick to learn and play

1. yes - if I knew they would work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. yes - if the school supplied them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. maybe - if I had more information on how to play and manage them in a classroom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ktteacher

ktteacher New commenter

Hi, I'm an English teacher of over 25 years and I'm currently developing for sale a range of quick-to-learn-and-play educational card games to help students learn things that they MUST learn which would normally be a chore: eg. common misspellings, SPaG terminology, secondary English terminology, literature quotations etc. I've used them in my classes over the course of my career with a wide range of students - from really bright grammar school girls to boys with challenging emotional and behavioural difficulties. They love them! We usually play them as starters or plenaries. It would be really helpful for me if anyone had the time, would you play games like these? They can be played in groups of 2-5.