1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English teacher's leaving present ideas

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by saz3117, May 23, 2012.

1. A long-serving, well-respected member of our English department is leaving at the end of this term. I'm in charge of buying his present. Does anyone have any original/ interesting gift ideas?? All suggestions gratefully received!

2. A long-serving, well-respected member of our English department is leaving at the end of this term. I'm in charge of buying his present. Does anyone have any original/ interesting gift ideas?? All suggestions gratefully received!

3. whiskyforme

whiskyforme New commenter

A King James bible - perhaps the 1611 edition - I can get one for you which will be presented by the secretary of state for education.

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Firstly - to address the above - I am shell shocked and quite insulted that schools have been send these bibles. We are a multifaith school and I am not a christian myself - If the government wanted to make some aim to point us to moral direction they should have sent along a Torah, a Koran and any other religious moral publication in order to cover all bases rather than shoving good money in what I consider a wasted direction.

To the OP - Theatre vouchers, leather bound dictionary or special copy of a particular book they like (not one they've taught though eh :p)