1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English Supply in East Sussex

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by diegrouch, Sep 9, 2020.

1. diegrouch

diegrouch New commenter

Good morning!

Have recently relocated to Hove and am looking for any and all roles teaching English/Drama/ICT.

Have around 5 years' experience teaching English Lang/Lit at KS3 to 5 as well as 2 years of ICT teaching with Years 7, 8 and 13.

Have remote teaching experience using Microsoft Teams since Easter 2020 as well as 8 years' experience as IT Support.

Would welcome any opportunities you can provide.

Many thanks,

Sam

pepper5 likes this.
  2. agathamorse

agathamorse Senior commenter

You need to sign up with some agencies in Brighton and Hove. Some schools in Brighton (WhiteHawk estate) are rough. Some change names every two years!

Be prepared to travel to Eastbourne, Hailsham, Herstmonceux,Lewes, Ringmer etc. I used to live in East Sussex and my friends still live there.

It's my favourite part of the country and I miss it.

3. diegrouch

diegrouch New commenter

Solid advice; signed up to several agencies and should hopefully have some movement this/next week.

Thanks for the info re: travel to different locations.

It's a lovely place and it misses you terribly!

agathamorse likes this.
  4. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

@diegrouch: You will need your own set of wheels as public transport, away from the coast road, is patchy and ferociously expensive.

agathamorse likes this.
  5. diegrouch

diegrouch New commenter

I don't drive ;(

6. agathamorse

That is true. And the traffic on A23 and A27 is very heavy.

7. agathamorse

Travel within Brighton and Hove will be fine. The trains between Brighton and Lewes are okay but it takes a while to travel from Brighton to Eastbourne.

8. diegrouch

diegrouch New commenter

Yep, have been mostly walking in and around the area. Buses are fine. Agreed; trains are better.

agathamorse likes this.