1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

English SATs 2013!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CarrieV, Apr 25, 2012.

1. CarrieV

CarrieV Occasional commenter

2. I'm sooooo not going to end up in year 6 next year then!

This will be a disaster for us.

3. We were told about this at an LEA Y6 writing moderation training thing a couplé of weeks ago. They also strongly hinted that APP for writing was to become a thing of the past and that the assessment emphasis was shifting towards text-level, so AF3 and AF4 over sentence level AF5 and AF6. My LEA have already put together an assessment grid which they suggested we use in place of APP, which has level descriptors in only three strands of writing. They also said that we should only ever be looking at whole levels, not sub-levels.
    I hope we get enough information in time to be able to prepare children thoroughly and that they learn from the confusion of this year and ensure all possible questions are answered in good time next year!

4. Yes I did see that today.
    Are you internally assessing your writing? and if so have you received your assessment materials yet? (before I go to my Head tomorrow and send her into a panic as to their wherabouts!)

5. Wotton

Wotton Occasional commenter

Think this will just enable more schools to teach to the test. I do believe children need to do more work on the basics like grammar, spelling etc.

6. not wishing to send your head into panic but our papers arrived with the optional yr 3- 5 stuff weeks ago!

7. I completely agree - the basics have been missing - but we're only gonna see sample materials in December! I hope it is what we're expecting! Another year of making it up!

Autumn 2012 : 2013 Assessment and reporting arrangements published on this website and sent to schools.
    December 2012 :Complete set of sample materials published on this website. update emails.
    January 2013 Hard copy sample materials sent to schools.
    March 2013 Test administrators? guide published on this website