1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English port school in Singapore

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by claytie, Oct 11, 2018.

1. claytie

claytie New commenter

Anyone have experience of it??

2. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

Another mid-tier. Taken over by Nord Anglia about 5 years ago. Takes more children with special needs than most other international schools in Singapore. Good reputation. The package would be decent.

3. claytie

claytie New commenter

Thanks, very helpful.

4. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Those things don't tend to go together usually.

5. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

No, you wouldn't as you're a bot...:confused:

6. norwichred

norwichred New commenter

Makes me laugh that a bot can post without being checked but I cant :D

7. willow78

willow78 Occasional commenter

Good school, has a real community feel about it, not the best payer compared to the bigger schools, but a good place to work.

claytie likes this.
  8. BondStreetBabe

BondStreetBabe New commenter

I like the sound of the ‘white cliffs’ school too but wonder if accommodation is simply too expensive to make working there financially worthwhile.

9. migratingbird

Accommodation prices have been coming down. Even the mid-tier schools tend to provide an allowance that gets you something decent. My 3-bed condo in a good area is under my housing allowance at a mid-tier school.

10. BondStreetBabe

BondStreetBabe New commenter

Is there any chance of affordable accommodation in walking distance or is it normal to commute? Encouraging remark, migratingbird.

11. migratingbird

Within walking distance is unlikely, but a short bus ride away would be affordable. Under 20 mins commute very possible.

BondStreetBabe likes this.
  12. Teecherz

Teecherz New commenter

Job advertised with a salary range - anyone know what is needed to be at the top of this range or does everyone start at the bottom?? I’ve a masters and 15 years experience but the lower end looks very low for Singapore...?
    TIA

13. migratingbird

Start a conversation with me and I'm happy to go through salary ranges and things with you.

Teecherz likes this.