1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English PGCE

Discussion in 'English' started by chezabelle88, Jan 22, 2011.

1. I have applied to do a PGCE begining in Sept and have an interview at my top uni in march, I have contacts at a local school and have been recomended by a friend to contact them with regards to offering me a placement. Will it help me to go to my interview showing that I have used my initiative in attempting to find a placement or would I be interfering with their system? As far as I am aware the school I would be contacting are already in partnership with the uni. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice?? Thanks

2. I have applied to do a PGCE begining in Sept and have an interview at my top uni in march, I have contacts at a local school and have been recomended by a friend to contact them with regards to offering me a placement. Will it help me to go to my interview showing that I have used my initiative in attempting to find a placement or would I be interfering with their system? As far as I am aware the school I would be contacting are already in partnership with the uni. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice?? Thanks

3. the universities like to organise placements (usually) - where i trained we were given a list of places we could go to and we had to say which were our first, second choices etc. then we had to negotiate with one another. universities also usually only use schools who have received training from them because each uni does it a different way - they have a pgce liason teacher in place in each school who mentors the student and liases with the pgce tutors at the university.
    but ask. you never know ...