1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English only GCSE: Romeo & Juliet Baz Lurhman controlled assessment Q

Discussion in 'English' started by ruthie82, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I'm teaching English only GCSE to a c/d group in year 10. We are doing the controlled assessment q on Baz Lurhman's presentation of conflict. We have done a mock one on just act 1, scene 1 and are now attempting a real one on 3,1.
    Having marked the 1,1 answers and not given more than 7/15 am worried...
    Does anyone have any marked examples of students who have done well answering this question? I would happily share other things in return!

Thanks!

2. Hi,
    I'm teaching English only GCSE to a c/d group in year 10. We are doing the controlled assessment q on Baz Lurhman's presentation of conflict. We have done a mock one on just act 1, scene 1 and are now attempting a real one on 3,1.
    Having marked the 1,1 answers and not given more than 7/15 am worried...
    Does anyone have any marked examples of students who have done well answering this question? I would happily share other things in return!

Thanks!

3. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

When you say Lurhman's presentation of conflict, I guess you mean Shakespeare's? The mark scheme refers to the understanding and analysis of the writer's ideas, doesn't it? I know there is room for discussing interpretation but is the main focus not on the writer's craft rather than the performance?