1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English, Maths teaching

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Moisy, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Moisy

Moisy New commenter

Need some clarification following a staff discussion this week
    Can I ask recent NQTs what the present thinking is during training about the teaching of English and Maths at primary level. Are the colleges still promoting the Literacy/Numeracy strategies or something else?
    Many thanks

2. Moisy

Moisy New commenter

Need some clarification following a staff discussion this week
    Can I ask recent NQTs what the present thinking is during training about the teaching of English and Maths at primary level. Are the colleges still promoting the Literacy/Numeracy strategies or something else?
    Many thanks

3. Hi.
    I graduated last summer and we were given hard copies of the strategies and had maybe one or two lectures about them (this was in the first year of my course though - so 2007/2008. The school in which I did my final placement used them and that is where I first used them and gained an understanding of them (2010).The school I'm working at now also uses them and have said until something new comes in we will continue to do so. Hope this helps!