1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English Literature AS AQA Specification A

Discussion in 'English' started by ruthtammi, Feb 4, 2011.

1. ruthtammi

ruthtammi New commenter

Now we are working towards exam preparation, with coursework all done (!?) I thought it might be an idea to share ideas about approaches to the two questions in the exam. My own centre,. Hillsborough College, in Sheffield has chosen the Victorian Literature option and for the poetry question we've opted for Thomas Hardy. I'd love to hear what your thoughts are as to approaches for these choices.
    Of course, if you've chosen either of the other options for Question one, Identity or the Literature of War or for the second question a poet other than Hardy, it would be great to hear what your thoughts are. Also it would be really helpful to know how you make your students aware of the Assessment Objectives and ensure that they bear them in mind when writing their exam answers. It would be great to get some collaborative work/resources /ideas together which may well help us all.

2. ruthtammi

ruthtammi New commenter

Now we are working towards exam preparation, with coursework all done (!?) I thought it might be an idea to share ideas about approaches to the two questions in the exam. My own centre,. Hillsborough College, in Sheffield has chosen the Victorian Literature option and for the poetry question we've opted for Thomas Hardy. I'd love to hear what your thoughts are as to approaches for these choices.
    Of course, if you've chosen either of the other options for Question one, Identity or the Literature of War or for the second question a poet other than Hardy, it would be great to hear what your thoughts are. Also it would be really helpful to know how you make your students aware of the Assessment Objectives and ensure that they bear them in mind when writing their exam answers. It would be great to get some collaborative work/resources /ideas together which may well help us all.