1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English Law and Freedom of Speech

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by feather, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Tom
    You are wrong hopelessly wrong when you suggest only in American Law there is freedom of speech. In English Law we have the Law of Defamation which allows honest opinion to be heard that includes criticism of everyone and all institutions especially those in a position of power who can try and silence opinion for ulterior motives. Inaddition FACTS are also allowed.
    So now we know the law lets all follow it and STOP schools and managers, LEAs etc from covering up the criminal activities et al going on inside publically funded buildings and institutions. The taxpayer has a right to know.
    I used to be a teacher I am now in law.
    Tom before you speak again on law get the qualification or put someone on from the TES who does. Come on TES stop the amateur approach and get into the real world or see you in court.
    At least you now know what disguntled teachers do next.

2. Tom
    You are wrong hopelessly wrong when you suggest only in American Law there is freedom of speech. In English Law we have the Law of Defamation which allows honest opinion to be heard that includes criticism of everyone and all institutions especially those in a position of power who can try and silence opinion for ulterior motives. Inaddition FACTS are also allowed.
    So now we know the law lets all follow it and STOP schools and managers, LEAs etc from covering up the criminal activities et al going on inside publically funded buildings and institutions. The taxpayer has a right to know.
    I used to be a teacher I am now in law.
    Tom before you speak again on law get the qualification or put someone on from the TES who does. Come on TES stop the amateur approach and get into the real world or see you in court.
    At least you now know what disguntled teachers do next.