1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English Language GCSE June 2015: Predictions v. Actual

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by jambeckel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. jambeckel

jambeckel New commenter

Hi all,

Am looking for some help. I am under pressure because my predictions versus actual figures for June 2105 English Language GCSE were some way out...11% A*-C and 18% 3LP. Initial discussions with local schools would suggest similar discrepancies but I was wondering whether this was part of a national issue ...or if it is just me!

If any Head of English out there has had similarly worrying differences between actual and predicted, I would really appreciate hearing from you. It would be even better if you could share your school name or Local Authority. Confusingly, our Literature predictions were almost spot on.

Thank you, in anticipation of any help.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

3. jambeckel

jambeckel New commenter

Got it - thanks for the guide!

4. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

If you can predict the English results for 89 years into the future you are impressive indeed! :)

5. jambeckel

jambeckel New commenter

Indeed - give it time, though...you can see it coming! For anyone in any doubt, please read '2015', not '2105'!!