1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

English Graduate Role

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by fmg124, Apr 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fmg124

fmg124 New commenter

Hi Everyone,

I will be graduating university in June and I have an interview with MOE on the 20th April. I have no formal teaching experience as a teacher other than tutoring here and there. I have applied for a role as a graduate English teaching position in the UAE and since I am not a qualified teacher, I am quite nervous about the interview process as I was told that there will a test and an interview. I was wondering if the interview process is different for graduate roles.

2. vickyrae1970

vickyrae1970 New commenter

My advice would be get yourself on a PGCE- more options in the long term with that. I'd also warn against the MOE posts.

3. AislingAndrew

AislingAndrew New commenter

Hi,

I hope your interview went well? I have been interviewed for the same position and as it is a graduate role they do not expect as much of you as they would of a qualified teacher. Once you arrive in the U.A.E you also undergo two months of training to prepare you for the post.

4. tzafar

tzafar New commenter

Can you shed more light on avoiding the MOE? What’s been your exp with them